I was able to get this up and running again.
The problem is only when using a remote console from my workstation. Transferring the boot.wim across the network must corrupt the image.
I transferred the drivers to the core server and injected them from the core console. This is something new with Landesk 9 because I used to inject all my drivers from my remote console in 8.8 sp3
I tested to see if i could recreate the problem and again it corrupted.
My remote console was upgraded to LDMS 9 from 8.8 sp3.
Problem solved. Thanks,
I hope this issue is addressed in a service pack.
I am having this issue on the core. with windows AIK installed on the core as well.