1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2010 7:59 AM by phoffmann

Email Alert for new and deleted managed devices

Rookie

Hi, We are using LDMS 8.8 SP3 and I am trying to create an email alert for any new managed device and any device that gets deleted from the inventory.

I was trying for a couple of hours yesterday, but haven't got any idea if that is even possible.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Email Alert for new and deleted managed devices
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

New devices - that's possible in so far as this device gets detected by UDD.

If it's just a matter of "Oh, some device sent in a new inventory scan", then - no - it isn't. Similarly, we don't (yet) log devices that have been deleted (I know that there's an Enhancement Request in for THAT though).

9.0 changes things a bit for you here, since RBA has changed completely, and it's no longer the case that just anyone can delete a device (so you may want to have a look at that - so you can get yoruself added to that via support).

About the "easiest" way to do this nowadays would be to run daily comparisons on the COMPUTER table (see whether some device has been added or deleted) that I can think of at the moment (though I admit to being rather sleepy), if that helps?

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead