3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2010 4:11 AM by phoffmann

Can i install Management Gateway Agent in Linux System

Rookie

Can i install Management Gateway Agent in Linux System

• 1. Re: Can i install Management Gateway Agent in Linux System
          Employee

Hi Sujith,

At this time there is no Linux agent for the Management Gateway.  Previous to LDMS 9.0 it was Windows only, now with 9.0 Macintosh will also work, but there is no Linux support.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Can i install Management Gateway Agent in Linux System
            cottroad Apprentice

OK then, are there any caveats? I'm running a beta patch provided by LANDesk to give us support for Snow Leopard. This made Policy Delivery and RC work perfectly, but the Broker Configuration page will not retrieve a certificate.

The Test button states that "everything seems to be configured correctly:SUCCESS" but Request gives me "Broker Configuration has failed"

The MAC is on the internal Network and has full access to LDLogon as we'd expect.

Are there any configuration files etc to be updated to get it to pick out a certificate?

• 3. Re: Can i install Management Gateway Agent in Linux System
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

Hello Cottroad,

it's possible the beta-patch has affected something in the LDMG components. I would recommend you get in touch with the support tech who provided you the beta patch, and inform them of this.

It's possible that the patch did indeed break something (in which case, they can duplicate this and get the beta patch looked at), or they can confirm with you that indeed something else needs to be configured.

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead