1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 11:11 AM by Ty

Virtual GroupWise 7.0.3 HP4 / MAILTO handler

Silvercoupe Apprentice

Let me start by saying Yes, we are STILL a GroupWise shop.    We're a school system and won't be going to Exchange for at least another year.

That said, I've virtualized GroupWise 7.0.3 HP4 and it works great.  Deploying as an MSI works terrific.  It even sets up the GroupWise Notify feature to run at Startup for each user.

What I'm struggling with now is getting Windows to use the Virtual GroupWise package as the default email application.  It does not show up as an option under the Internet Explorer>Internet Options>Programs menu as an available app.  MAILTO links on websites do not work and I cannot use any "Send to" features within Office applications, or any other apps that would typically have this feature.  A normal install of GroupWise creates a Windows Mail profile that you can view within Control Panel.  After virtualizing GroupWise and deploying via MSI, that profile is not there so it makes sense that Windows wouldn't use the virtual package as the default mail program.

Any ideas how to associate a virtual mail application with the host Windows OS for MAILTO and "Send to" functions to work?