5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2010 1:54 PM by mrspike

Duplicates on my query report

Apprentice

I have created a query and I have noticed that is giving me duplicates on the results. What can I check for to elimitate duplicates.

Query:

Computer - System - Model = "Model Type" and

Computer - Domain - Name = "Domain Name"

Please help.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Duplicates on my query report
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

Are you sure you did not use "like" instead of "="

When I use "like" and add columns to show, I sometimes see duplicates.

If not, you might have a column specified that is causing this.

Create a copy of your query and delete the columns one by one, testing after each to see if this fixes it.

• 2. Re: Duplicates on my query report
            Apprentice

I noticed when I add the following to the colum set is when the duplicates shows up.

Computer - Mass Storage - Logical - Total Storage

or

Computer - Mass Storage - Logical - Available Storage

• 3. Re: Duplicates on my query report
              mrspike SSMMVPGroup

Ok, that is why, if you open the inventory on one of these systems and go to that field, you will usually find multiple entries, usually a C: and a D: , perhaps more.

What you need to do is use a "qualifier" on that column.  Click on it in the Columns addition, and you will see that "qualifier" becomes available, click on it and then choose one.

This gets tricky, usually this will be "C" and the C:\ is the most commonly used one.

Another work around is to use the mass storage in your query part and specify a size must be greater than, etc.

• 4. Re: Duplicates on my query report
                Apprentice

When I choose the mass storage option it does not enables the qualifier option. When will this be enabled?

• 5. Re: Duplicates on my query report
                  mrspike SSMMVPGroup

As shown in the image below, if you click on the area highlighed in the bottom, the qualifer should become available

qualifier.jpg