2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2010 7:46 AM by scapser

Provisioning is failing a Configure target OS in Windows XP 64 bit.

Rookie

Has anyone had success provisioning Windows XP 64 bit images in provisioning on LANDESK 8.8 sp3.  I can get the image deployed but it fails at "Configure target OS" when it tries to insert the provisioning agent to continue after reboot.  I am wondering if it is a problem with 32-bit PXE enviroment and 64-bit image trying to run a 32 bit command.

thanks,

Scott

• 1. Re: Provisioning is failing a Configure target OS in Windows XP 64 bit.
          Employee

Scott,

When you say that it is failing do you mean that it actually throws an error message, or that it doesn't continue after the reboot?  Also, when is the last time that you've had a 32-bit image get laid down and function correctly?

There is a known issue caused by the changes in Microsoft's (fairly) recent Visual C++ Redistributable update.  We have that same update listed is VCUpdate.  If you've applied that patch, either through us or through Microsoft, but you haven't applied the patch that we've created to fix it, then you will see that any time Configure Target OS is run that it won't continue running after the reboot.

Let me know!

• 2. Re: Provisioning is failing a Configure target OS in Windows XP 64 bit.
            Rookie

It doesn't show any error messages on the PC, after the image is finished, it just never reboots.  It just sits at the LANDesk splash screen.  When I look at the scheduled task and the provisioning history, it says failed on the CTOS.  We have used provisioning successfully all week with over 300 machines with 32 bit Windows XP.  I knew about the  VCUpdate and haven't applied that.  It is only erroring out with 64-bit XP.

Thanks for the reply,

Scott