We are trying to get the security/patch managment scan to update the database. the Inventory scan runs, but the security/patch management scans are not making it to the database. We are using LDMS 8.8 SP3. To get the inventory scans to run I had to set rights on the ldscan and incomingdata folder for internet guest account. Is there a folder to set rights on for the security/patch management scans.
You can verify that the internet guest account has Read and Execute, Read, and List rights to the ldlogon\vulnerabilitydata directory.
It will also need full control to the ldlogon\vulscanresults directory.
You da man!
I'm having the same issue. I just noticed a lab of macs have not run a vulnerabiltity scan in quite some time so I started one from the core and the date does not change. I connected to one of the macs and clicked on "Check Now" next to Patch Managment in the client's agent overview screen, which has today's date as Last check, but the data is not making it into my database. I have verified the internet guest account has the permissions you had said.
Any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.
I have seen this on machines without the latest agent which is version .303. Make sure you have updated all the machines. I believe that this agent does require 8.8 Sp3. download the latest @ http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-7078
Thanks for the reply. I have installed SP3 on the core and that Mac Rollup patch you linked to. I have tried to re-push the agent to the client and it says it ran successfully. All the macs in the lab are reporting version 8.8.034 in the Common Base Agent 8 field. I have not tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling manually. I can try this tomorrow.
or you can run the install manually from \ldlogon\mac
So I physically went to the machine, uninstalled the agent using the ldmacclientuninstall.sh, then reinstalled the agent. Now the scans are showing up. Not sure why it's just this lab that is giving me problems, but at least I have a workaround.
I applied the roll-up twice ? I updated it a week ago - but after looking at the mac agents in the ldlogon\mac folder they said they were updated but they still said version 188.8.131.529. I ran the update again and it still said the version on the mac client was 184.108.40.2069. I manually ran the agent update from the folder where the LD-88-Mac-Rollup-10-09 was extracted to and then it ran fine and updated the agent to 220.127.116.113.
We have seen this issue in the past if the LANDesk website is not listed as a trusted site. Adding LANDesk as a trusted site should prevent this issue from reoccurring.
I would suggest that you download microsoft's streams.exe utility and run it on your core server. This will remove streams from any other files on your core server.
More information on the streams issue as well as the utility can be found on our community in the following article.