4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2010 12:45 PM by djs

*.RPT collection file for basic process (incident, problem, etc)

djs Apprentice

Hi ,

Anybody know where I can get reporting template (.RPT) for basic process? (like Incident, problem, etc)

Is there any report template collection that works immediately so without redesign the crystal report? I am using service desk ver.726

Appreciated for any suggestion

Thanks,

Denny

• 1. Re: *.RPT collection file for basic process (incident, problem, etc)
          LegoGuy SupportEmployee

There are some default reports that you can look at.  They are located at c:\program files\landesk\landesk reports\.  There may also be some at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\serviceporta\reports\

In order to make these work in your system you'll need to do two things.

1.  Run the cyrstaldsnsetter.exe program located at c:\program files\landesk\landesk reports\.  Update the reports with your database information.

2. Open the crystal reports tool in service desk and add these report files into the system.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: *.RPT collection file for basic process (incident, problem, etc)
            djs Apprentice

Hi Nephi,

Thanks for your information, you are right, those all reports that I look for. good!

After configure the report as you suggested, I tried to run the IncidentDetail.rpt but I got error message (attached). Do you know what wrong with my configuration, so what should I do?

Regards,

Denny

• 3. Re: *.RPT collection file for basic process (incident, problem, etc)
              Mroche SupportEmployee

Hi Denny,

The Detail.rpt and IncidentDetail.rpt take the incident guid as a parameter and not the incident ID.  These reports were designed to be run from within console by clicking on the print button on an incident window.  Console then passes the incident guid to the report.

Would will either need to make a copy of the report and change the selection criteria so that the report shows an incident where the im_incident.im_id = the 'Guid' parameter field or find the guid of an incident (this is the pm_guid column in the im_incident table) and enter a guid in the 'Guid' parameter prompt when running the report.  The guid will need to be enclosed in {} when you paste it into the parameter field when running the report.

• 4. Re: *.RPT collection file for basic process (incident, problem, etc)
                djs Apprentice

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for your information, I have tried and its working fine

Thank you.