Easiest way would be to add the Internet Explorer info to the Custom Data portion of the client inventory, so you can then create a report based off the info. This will report the version of IE that the system uses.
The process is documented here...
This would be the info to add to the ldappl3 file
KEY=HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,Version,Custom Data - Internet Explorer - Version
Then create a query with something like this...
"Computer"."Custom Data"."Internet Explorer"."Version" < "7"
I embarked on the same project and after always modifying the query results in Excel I eventually started pulling the report directly from the db into Crystal Reports (or Access)
I added these value in ldappl3 years ago and totally forgot about it.
The Internet Explorer custom data field is one that LANDesk already has added