2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2010 5:05 PM by JasonW1

Does Anyone know how to deploy Office 2007 LIS only VIA Landesk

Rookie

I am looking for a way to deploy Office 2007 LIS only via landesk - I don't want to install Office I just want to deploy to MSOCache and then install on PC's in each department when we are ready. I want to be able to do this even if there is no one logged on to the PC. Is there any way to do this with landesk?

I should note that I have my config.xml file and my office flat is on a web share.

• 1. Re: Does Anyone know how to deploy Office 2007 LIS only VIA Landesk
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

I don't know about the msocache file, but what you get the source to the boxes in a couple of ways....

1. Keep in mind that by default the LANDesk Temp cache location sdmcache only stores data for 2 days.  You can change this, but I would not.... I would use the info in below....

2. You could create a .bat or .cmd file that will create a temp folder on the client and then copy the source files to it.  You would call this something like "Stage Office 2007 Files Only"

3. Create .bat file that then calls the execution of Office using the local source media.  When you are ready to install, you can call this.  Call it something like "Kick Off Office 2007 Installer"

We did something like this and hit 7500+ systems over a weekend last year.

For best practices, use variables for your file locations instead of hard coding, for example use

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\OfficeTemp

and not

C:\OfficeTemp

You can also use %temp%  for variables see:

http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/environment.htm

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Does Anyone know how to deploy Office 2007 LIS only VIA Landesk
            Rookie

So I would run the /adminfile switch in the .bat?

MS has not made this easy at all. I had tried something similar. On a PC I ran setup with the /config switch and the config.xml set to LIS only. When it was finished I copied the MSOCache folder to a network share and then created a .bat file to xcopy it to my PC's the only problem is that when I run my setup it deletes all the folders in the MSOCache folder on the local for some reason???