4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2010 3:01 AM by phoffmann

Set a query to show data at a set times during the day

Apprentice

Hi All

I've created a query that shows all calls in a certain group that are at the status of "open" - no problem.

The management now want to show this data at a set time twice a day (07:00 & 17:00) only,

Does anyone know how I could achieve this with out having to manually change the date/times each day? I currently have the query running in dashboard showing the current total but this total obviously changes throughout the day.

Any help much appreciated.

Tony

• 1. Re: Set a query to show data at a set times during the day
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

There's no automatied way to run queries at this point.

What you CAN do is to schedule a report (or - technically - two reports, one for 07:00, another for 17:00) that's based on a query - would that work for you?

A thing I'd like to point out though, is that inventory should not be treated as a "real time tool" - that's a pretty dangerous assumption. Inventory offers you a snapshot in time (whenever the devices sent in inventory) - it's not real time.

There's real time components (mostly used for alerting), but inventory itself is not real-time.

This may or may not be relevant for your specific data (I can't say, as you hadn't specified), but it's something to be mindful of, as it has tripped up a fair few folks in the past . Inventory is only as up to date as the devices that report to it (and when they do so) .

- Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: Set a query to show data at a set times during the day
            Apprentice

Many thanks for that Paul - much appreciated.

Tony

• 3. Re: Set a query to show data at a set times during the day
              Lara Hellman SupportEmployee

Hi Tony,

I think Paul is talking about LDMS and I believe your query relates to LANDesk Service Desk.  You can, of course, report on real-time data in Service Desk. In this case you may want to consider using Schedule manager to run and email the query at set times, or if you'd prefer, use Crystal Enterprise to schedule a report regularly.

Thanks,

Lara

• 4. Re: Set a query to show data at a set times during the day
                phoffmann SupportEmployee

Actually - I was just pointed out that this was a SERVICE DESK question ...

... I apologize for this (early morning), I thought it was a Management Suite question.

A friendly Service Desk person is going to be answering this more competently ... apologies for any confusion caused