2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2010 6:22 AM by jxo01o

Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

jxo01o Rookie

Every now and then one of my batch packages will hang for no good reason. When I research it, I fine an sdclient_bat.txt file whose last line reads “Terminate batch job (Y/N)?”. Since batch files are not verbose in LANDesk, the enduser will never see this and cannot answer it. Is there a way to make a batch file never ask this question, terminate itself if it does, or answer Y?

• 1. Re: Terminate batch job (Y/N)?
          Apprentice

Usually the last line of your batch file should be EXIT /B 0 .  That will send a success message to the core and close the batch file. Rhyous wrote an excellent white paper with other options: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2320

• 2. Re: Terminate batch job (Y/N)?
            jxo01o Rookie

To make it more clear: I have 5 lines of code in the batch file, after line 3 is executed, that’s when the “Terminate batch job (Y/N)?” issue comes up. So it never gets to the end of the batch file. This has happen to different packages I’ve created over time. When a PC is rebooted and software distribution starts, almost 99% of the time it will go all the way through without issues. I have to assume the package hiccups or something is running and that’s why it “terminates”. I was hoping there was a way of telling the batch file to end if this message comes up. Or end if a long time has elapse. We make our packages visible and we get endusers who will let the package run for days, because they are afraid to reboot while the LANDesk icon is running in the Taskbar.