4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2010 9:20 AM by papesce

Services menu item greyed

Rookie

Hello,

For some reason, I am unable to use the Services menu item anymore as administrator. As well, I no longer have access to view or edit the scopes. I am running LDMS 8.8 sp2. Any ideas?

Paul

• 1. Re: Services menu item greyed
          SupportEmployee

Paul, configure - services should be available to you if you are on the console on the core. If that is where you are launching from then you will want to find out if your account has changed and is no longer an administrator. You can try to manually launch that tool which is called svccfg.exe found in the management suite folder.

As far as not being able to edit rights and scopes, generally that is only caused when your user is not a landesk administrator. Make sure you are using an administrative user, also try other users which are known to be landesk administrators. Lastly you will want to make sure your landesk service accounts havent had their passwords expire in AD.

-Brandon

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Services menu item greyed
            Rookie

Thanks for the information Brandon. The Services menu item is available when I log into LDSM on the console. I still am unable to manage any of the scopes regardless of which administrative user I am logged in as. I have heard the sp2 for LDMS 8.8 is problematic. Would an update to sp3 possibly resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Paul

• 3. Re: Services menu item greyed
              SupportEmployee

Paul, while I fully recommend upgrading to SP3, I do not know if that would necessarily fix your RBA problem.

Im not sure if you have access to SQL Management Studio to look at your database, but if you do you will want to look in your consoleuser table.

Make sure ADrights is set to 0 for your user. Then make sure Rights is set to the 214... number.

-Brandon

• 4. Re: Services menu item greyed
                Rookie

Brandon,

Thank you very much for your help. According to our database guy, Rights was not set to the 214 number. I now have access to the users menu item.

Thanks again.

Paul