1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2010 6:04 AM by OliverB

Windows/views linked to status

Apprentice

Hi,

I want to be able to set up different windows that users can enter data into depending on the category they have selected. I.e. if users select 'new user' as the change category, it will come up with a different window than if they select 'new hardware'.

I would like these to be within the same process and for the data to be stored in the same business object.

I would like to have views linked to different statuses to achieve this. For the open status, I would like a view with just a drop-down box for category then a 'submit' action would take the process to a new status, which would display according to the status selected.

I can get most of this to work, but I can't see how to link views to different statuses. Does the status always display the standard 'change' window or is this configurible?

Many thanks,

Oliver

• 1. Re: Windows/views linked to status
          Apprentice

Sorry, should have read:

'I would like to have views linked to different statuses to achieve this. For the open status, I would like a view with just a drop-down box for category then a 'submit' action would take the process to a new status, which would display according to the category selected.'