3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2010 2:00 PM by jpenney

Windows 7 - Sysprep Issue

Rookie

Hello,

Is anyone else having an issue with SysPrep adding a deployed image back to the domain at the time of imaging.  I followed the Windows 7 document I had, but am still not having any luck at getting the machine to go to anything besides a workgroup.

Thank you,

Joe

• 1. Re: Windows 7 - Sysprep Issue
          Employee

Joe,

With the provisioning or imaging of Windows 7 you need to go through a 2 image process involving the use of the /audit switch.

However if you can ensure you have the patch is applied (as mentioned in the link below), it should also allow you to work around the issue further.

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-7444

Can you ensure also that the network card is getting applied etc, is it getting an IP address to get to the domain controller?

Regards,
          Stephen

• 2. Re: Windows 7 - Sysprep Issue
            EMiranda Expert

jpenney wrote:

Hello,

Is anyone else having an issue with SysPrep adding a deployed image back to the domain at the time of imaging.  I followed the Windows 7 document I had, but am still not having any luck at getting the machine to go to anything besides a workgroup.

Thank you,

Joe

What is your <ComputerName></ComputerName> section in your sysprep, are you leaving it blank or using a * to randomly generate a name, or using LANDesk to replace the section with something from the LANDesk database.  There has been a bug in sysprep with leaving that section blank since Vista, which still has not been resolved by Microsoft.

• 3. Re: Windows 7 - Sysprep Issue
              Rookie

Thank you for all your help.  I had to put this on the back burner for a month or so.