1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 5, 2010 7:20 AM by Mach6

Stage and Repair of Windows XP Service Pack 3....

Rookie

I have been tasked to deploy "Windows XP Service Pack 3" to around 4000 plus machines based all over the South Africa via LANDesk Management Suite, and between sites, a number of regions and offices scattered everywhere with varying linespeed and bandwidth available and all kinds of other limitations and restrictions i have tried a number of different ways to delpoy this service all with thier own varying results.

I have the standard Stage and Repair task with forcing a peer download all with its own degree of success and what I have noticed that the staging of the XP SP3 (WindowsXP-KB936929-x86.exe) I accomplish 80% + success rate but when moving the machines to the repair task i have a dismal result in success with a range of failure reports to go with them.

So knowing that Windows XP SP3 has a number of strict prerequisites i created a software distribution package with the following switches "/quiet /warnrestart[:5000] /overwriteoem /forceappsclose" but this also has varied results of successes and failures.

is there any other way someone could advise me to improve the daily installation number of successes .