1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2010 4:47 PM by gashby

Package reports success without installing in LDMS 9.0

axelhirt Rookie

I have a Problem with the Deployment of Lotus Notes Client 8.51. It's a MSI Package with a Transform. We deploy it by Policy where the User has to confirm the installation. It worked well in 8.8, but since we migrated to 9.0 we have some weird behaviour: Sometimes the package waits for the user interaction and installs properly. But sometims it directly says "Package Succesfully deployed" on the client without waiting for the user confirmation and the package does not install. The only thing i recognized is that the task has got a return code "16385".

• 1. Re: Package reports success without installing in LDMS 9.0
          SupportEmployee

Axel;

I have a couple of question for you on this issue. First, are you using our legacy MSI distribution. If you are unsure, check the delivery method in the package under Install/uninstall options. If you have  the "Use Windows Installer to install and control installation" in the package under Install/uninstall options you are using the new stuff, if not you are using the legacy stuff. If you are using the legacy stuff try switching it to the new stuff and see if this issue gets "resolved". We are currently working on an issue with the legacy stuff.