9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2011 11:15 AM by karenpeacock

Emailing queries - error (v.3.1)

Expert

Hi,

When we try to email query results we get teh following error in application logs (against Outbound mail engine):

The type System.Xml.XmlAttribute may not be used in this context.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Emailing queries - error (v.3.1)
          Apprentice

Bumping this thread as I have the same issue.

Worked fine in 7.3.2, but now is an issue in 7.4

Any ideas?

• 2. Re: Emailing queries - error (v.3.1)
            karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

I wonder if you are hitting issue 5169 in the 7.4 rollup patch.  Have you applied the 7.4 recommended patches?

http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-22698

Best wishes

Karen

• 3. Re: Emailing queries - error (v.3.1)
              Apprentice

Hi Karen --

Thanks for the response. At first it wasn't working, but now it's sending them with nothing but the query name in the .htm report file. I am the only one it's working for. Other users can't send at all.

I've installed all of the patches available in the 7.4 rollup. What I haven't done though is apply those patches to the client machines. The problem I'm running into is that the path doesn't exist where they ask to place the files -- \Program Files\LANDesk\LANDesk ServiceDesk\ --

LDSD as far as I know has never created a program files folder. Usually it has to be reinstalled for each new person that logs into the system.

Any ideas? Thanks!

• 4. Re: Emailing queries - error (v.3.1)

Hi

If you look at the properties of your console shortcut what does it say under "type of file"? 

Although I'm not so sure now that your issue is to do with the patch or to do with it not being applied on the console machines though (although that will need doing).  The problem I described would cause an error with the mail service itself so if the patch was applied on the server that should be ok as long as the server was updated.

Now that you've described the issue a bit more, perhaps this is more to do with the type of query that they are mailing?  Is it possible to try one query that has no criteria on it and see if that works?  For example create a new system query available to everyone and base it on on incident category (or another reference / category list that is quite small) and include just the title attribute.  Does this email ok?

Best wishes

Karen

• 5. Re: Emailing queries - error (v.3.1)
                  Apprentice

Hi Karen --

Under type of file on the shortcut properties it says

ClickOnce Application Reference (.appref-ms)

Also, I tried a simple query that showed the results of a reference list and I was able to email the report to myself without issue. So I guess that would mean some of the preconditions or attributes may be causing the issue? Could it be caused by having a collection in the query?

Thanks .. I'll start removing items from the query to see what's if I can find it.

• 6. Re: Emailing queries - error (v.3.1)
                    Apprentice

Sorry to jump in but we have this problem in 7.3.2 and have been told it's fixed in 7.4 (case reference 549731) - it doesn't sound like it is.

• 7. Re: Emailing queries - error (v.3.1)

@ Eric from what is on your shortcut, it sounds like you have a One Touch deployment on your clients.  You need to follow the instructions in the One Touch manual for "Updating OneTouch manifests" in order to roll out a new version I believe.  If you can email simple queries I think it would be more to do with the criteria specified on the query not working when you mail it.  Could you post the criteria used?  I think that perhaps criteria like "is current user" and "is current group" might be ones to look into.  The problem is that the "user" who sends the email is actually your mailmanager user.  So if you have a query that says "all assignments for the current user" this may well return a blank report but if your query says "all assignments for Fred" then this should work.

@ Lianne the error that you were experiencing was an error shown in your mail logs so this sounds like the one I previously mentioned in this thread which was patched for 7.4.  I believe that Eric was seeing a different issue which is that the email results are sending but the attached report is blank so hopefully you would be ok.

Best wishes

Karen

• 8. Re: Emailing queries - error (v.3.1)
                        Apprentice

Karen,

I will try to update the onetouch manifest. It would be great if I can get the app to show up under program files rather than appdata.

Here is the criteria. I think it may be due to the prompt.

Creation Date is Between Dates Prompt User

And

Status.Title Is Not One Of (Inactive, Cancelled, Closed)

Thanks.

• 9. Re: Emailing queries - error (v.3.1)

Hi

Sorry about the delay in responding.  I am not aware of any issues with the query criteria that you mention.  I think it may be better if you can raise a support case so we can investigate further.

Best wishes

Karen