4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2010 1:17 PM by egarlepp

Anyone know what file version to look for to ID MiniRollup 02-10?

Apprentice

Title says it all. I need to confirm that my agents have been updated, but I haven't been able to find a file version that tells me that. Also not sure what version the core should report as.

• 1. Re: Anyone know what file version to look for to ID MiniRollup 02-10?
          egarlepp Employee

Generally, the LANDesk agent version number doesn't change(a long time complaint).  You could use the security and patch ID in queries to identify those systems that have it installed, that is the best way.  You could also use the LDISCN32.exe or Vulscan.exe which generally changes with every update.

• 2. Re: Anyone know what file version to look for to ID MiniRollup 02-10?
            Apprentice

The LDISCN32 and Vulscan.exe versions are the same on all of my agents, both the ones I think I have patched, and the ones I have not. Anyone know specifics on the version numbers, and on the core version number?

Also, security and patch manager keeps reporting that nothing needs repair. Considering that several of my machines have no last vulnerability scan listed (even if I force it), that makes me a little leery about trusting security and patch manager.

• 3. Re: Anyone know what file version to look for to ID MiniRollup 02-10?
              mrspike SSMMVPGroup

Ken,

It looks to me that the only file that is changes on the client is vulscan.dll, at least via the patch, and then when vulscan next runs on the client it updates itself.... But, read my notes below....

Since this is a .dll you cannot query on it by default.

You could create a Custom Vuln to scan for it, but I also think this is what LANDesk is scanning for in its logic.

I found that after I applied this update that it broke vulscan because it was trying to update vulscan.exe but fails to do so thinking it is already running.

What I had to do was to go to agent configurations and do a "rebuild all" and then push new agents to these systems.

• 4. Re: Anyone know what file version to look for to ID MiniRollup 02-10?
                egarlepp Employee

Very odd that at least one of those files was not updated.  I am shocked.  i have found that the query for the MiniRollup 02-10 patch being installed as you would with any other patch works the best and is the least obtrusive and requires the least amount of work.