1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2010 10:38 AM by grimmda

Enable USB Monitoring from command line or registry?

grimmda Apprentice

Backstory:

I have an image of XPSP3 that I have built that will call the LANDesk client installer cleanly each time someone images a PC.  (I also install all other applications that way, this way the image is clean with no apps installed except via a script after it's layed down).

I have this script:

start "" "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\vulscan.exe" /ComplianceBehavior=7 /showui=false /compliance2

Run in the runonce in a specific place so that device will basically receive the proper compliance configs for OS patches after the LANDesk Agent is installed.

Actual Issue I need assistance with:

I'm not getting any of the proper USB Montioring behavior (blocking USB activity).  I need to find the way I can script via registry/file level or a combination of both so that the USBMON does what its supposed to.

One of my co-workers thinks I can just grab "something" from \\<LANDeskServer>\ldlogon\usbmon and copy it to c:\program files\landesk\ldclient\ or somewhere inside there.  But I don't know exactly what to grab or if there's any reg settings I need to change.

Anyone know the specifics?

Thanks!