4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 2:53 PM by SteveW

Unknown Status Code during OSD

SteveW Apprentice

Received the following message while running an OSD imaing job during our Landesk 9 testing.  After a bit of pondering and investigation, I realized it was due to my password being changed recently and not being updated in the OSD job.  The event that started me down the right line of reasoning was watching the job hang on the test machine at a dos window running "drvmap.exe".  Queue epiphany followed by headslap and DOH!  As the Return code and result should be contestants for The Least Helpful Error Message Ever contest, I thought I would share the information with the community.

Return code -86

Result: Unknown status code (0x8DB9FFAA, 3513:65450).

Suggestion for Landesk: If it is not already possible, have Landesk return the last successfully ran line in the OSD task or at which line it errored.  I would be happy with a "Your OSD task could not move past REMEXEC19.  Please seek Adult Supervision".

• 1. Re: Unknown Status Code during OSD

lol this post made me laugh.  i can relate to some of the error codes that pop up.  Reminds of back in the day taking technical support calls and getting that dreaded user that says "my computer is broke, it doesnt work."  Yep, that narrows it down!

Just a heads up.  If you look at %coreserver%\ldlog.  There are log files that start with CJ-OSD-%taskname%.log.  These logs usually tell you step by step what is going on and at what line it failed at.

• 2. Re: Unknown Status Code during OSD
            SteveW Apprentice

Heh, Thanks EMiranda.  I was aware of the logging, but generally I don't start there.  I blame video games and an exceedingly short attention span.  The existance and information in the log frustrate me even further with the console error message.  Here's the Text of the log(user information removed to protect the innocent)

"MYTEST-V7","OK",0,0:00:00,3/24/2010 9:07:48 AM,3/24/2010 9:07:48 AM,"WINPE, TIMEOUT=1800"
            "MYTEST-V7","OK",5,0:00:01,3/24/2010 9:07:48 AM,3/24/2010 9:07:49 AM,"diskpart /s X:\LDClient\rmvol.txt"
            "MYTEST-V7","ERR_Fail",-1917190230,0:02:01,3/24/2010 9:07:49 AM,3/24/2010 9:09:50 AM,"ldrun drvmap.exe domain\username 12345hashed67890 I: <qt/>\\servername\Data<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513"
            ; "Job Complete","0 Done","1 Failed","0 Off","0 Unknown"

Seems that Landesk does in fact know what happened, but refuses to tell me in the console.  I would file that under "grrrr"

• 3. Re: Unknown Status Code during OSD

How does this error get resolved?

• 4. Re: Unknown Status Code during OSD
                SteveW Apprentice

With Updating my newly changed password in hash.  Or if you would like the steps, I created a dummy osd, copied the hashed password out of it, did an advanced edit on my job, and pasted the hashed password into it.  Fixed...