4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2010 9:57 AM by Jawad.Butt

HP ProBook 5310m fails to get IP in WinPE

Apprentice

I am attempting to OSD to a HP ProBook 5310m using LDMS 9 via PXE.

The PC boots to WinPE OK, but fails to get an IP address despite having the correct Vista driver installed in WinPE and loaded.

When the PC tries to get an address, it shows the following...

IP Addresses: 169.254.18.194, 127,0,0,1

waiting for IP address...............

and eventually times out. Is there a problem with two NICs being detected as it shows two IP addresses or is there another issue?

TIA - Paul

• 1. Re: HP ProBook 5310m fails to get IP in WinPE
          EMiranda Expert

what driver did you load

also on the forums there have been reports that they had to run ipconfig /renew to get an ip address because the wait4ip.exe wasn't doing it.  After it times out, open up the command prompt and type in ipconfig /renew and see if you are getting an ip then..

• 2. Re: HP ProBook 5310m fails to get IP in WinPE
            Apprentice

Wow - thanks for the quick reply.

The driver is the Marvell Yukon driver - yk60x86.inf from the HP website, which I now know is the correct one (see below...)

I tired your suggestion of doing an ipconfig /renew, while wait4ip was running, and IT WORKED! I got an IP and the OSD process continued. I suspect there is something weird going on with this netbook as ipconfig also reported the following...

An error occurred while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1: The system cannot find the file specified.

It looks to me that the notepad is reporting a second interface of some kind which is confusing wait4ip. I've tried disabling the WLAN & bluetooth in the BIOS but this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Anyway, my PC is now building thanks to your reply. Many Thanks

Paul

• 3. Re: HP ProBook 5310m fails to get IP in WinPE
              EMiranda Expert

awesome, now that you know that works. I'll give you the steps to embed the command into the pxe process.

Do this:

REM wait to get a valid IP
              \ldclient\ldsleep 10
              \ldclient\wait4ip /t 90
              ipconfig /renew

• unmount
              • copy new boot.wim to c:\Program Files\LANDesk\PXE\System\images\boot
              • give a go
              • 4. Re: HP ProBook 5310m fails to get IP in WinPE
                Apprentice

When i was working with HP Probook 5310m, i tested each one of the files and the one that worked for me was yk62x86. Once you load that up under InstalledDrivers, that should work also.